How to apply for 2016 PJ Olsson’s Rock Camp?
PJ Olsson’s Rock Camp is not for absolute beginners. The program can only accept a limited number of kids based on instrumentation mix and skill level. Campers are typically between the ages of 11 and 20. All first-time kids must audition to get into the program.
There are many ways to submit your audition video. You may click on the link below to upload using our upload form. You may also upload to YouTube or Facebook or other social media site or service and simply email us a link to the video.
Steps to Apply and Audtion
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time with questions.
- Find a great photo of yourself, you need to upload it with your application
- Fill out and submit a camper application form online
- Record and upload an audition video
- Get accepted into the program
- Pay the registration fee of $600 by July 18
If you have any problems contacting PJ Olsson’s Rock Camp, please email Renee Cunningham at email@example.com.
Making an Audition Video (deadline July 19th)
Making an audition video for Rock Camp is easy and fun. You basically need to set up a video camera or web cam, make sure you have good lighting, answer the questions below on camera, and play/or sing parts of a few of your favorite songs. Once your video is complete, submit it by uploading it.
Tips for shooting great video:
- Pick a location with great light. Avoid bright lights directly behind you.
- Pick a location that’s quiet and away from televisions, radios, street noise, etc.
- Put the camera on a tripod or set it on a piece of furniture, avoid hand holding camera
- (Optional) Have someone from your family or a friend sit next to the camera and ask you the questions, look at your friend rather than directly at the camera.
- Try to answer in completely sentences, avoid just answers “yes” or “no”
What you should talk about in your video:
- Start off by saying and spelling your first and last name.
- How did you hear about rock camp? Have you or your friends been to the camp?
- Why does the rock camp sound like fun? Why do you want to go?
- What instrument(s) do you play? Do you sing? Do you want to learn to sing?
- How long have you been playing music or singing? How did you get started?
- Can you play chords by name, read music, read TAB, learn music by year, etc.?
- What’s your favorite music? Bands or musicians that you really like?
- How often do you get to play with other musicians?
- How often do you get to perform in front of groups of people?
- What are you looking forward to most when going to Rock Camp?
- How do you feel about working with new people?
- If you could get one thing out of the camp, what would it be?
- Finally, look right at the camera and say “My name is _____________, I play __________, and I’m going to rock camp!” (Smile)
What to perform in your video:
- Perform for the camera a few of your favorite songs or songs that demo your skill
- Just a verse and a chorus from each song will do
- If you have written any original music, please play a few bars of that as well.
How to upload or send in your video:
Or use any method you choose to deliver the video so us, including YouTube, Facebook, other site or service, or mail a DVD to 1043 West Quincy, Hancock, MI 49930. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- If you need help, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- No need to edit your video (although you can if you want to). Just send us the video you shot and if we want to post it, we will do the editing.
- Please note by sending us an audition video, you are giving us the right to use it in our marketing. Don’t worry; if we use your video on our web site or Facebook page, we’ll edit it to make you look great!