Its time to sign-up for the 2010 Rock Camp!
The Rock Camp will be holding sign-ups for placement on Sunday, May 23 and Saturday, May 29th from 10am to 5pm at its new studio located at the Superior School of Dance and Gymnastics in Hancock, MI.
The 2010 Rock Camp will be held from July 26th through August 6th , from 11am to 7pm daily. A special Little Rocker’s camp (ages 10 and under) will being August 2nd – 6th, 2pm – 5pm. Final shows will be held on August 6th and 7th.
(click on the picture for a full-size printable poster)
Here what kids and parents can expect from the 2010 Rock Camp:
- Ten days of total creative immersion.
- Kids will be jamming with other kids of similar interests and talent in a professional rock environment.
- We will provide drums, guitars, basses, keys, and microphones, but if you have an ax or rig you want to use… bring ’em!
- Kids will be guided through song structure, arrangements, key and time signatures.
- Kids will be grouped into bands of their liking and relative skill level and have rehearsal schedules – kids are expected to work very hard on their music.
- Rehearsals will have guidance by real musicians, not blow-up plastic dolls!
- There will be guitar, bass, drum, and vocal workshops.
- Kids will learn beginning music theory class taught by Dr. Milton Olsson (that’s PJ’s Dad)
- Kids will write one or more songs and learn a cover song to perform at a Rock Camp Music Festival on August 6th and again on August 7th.
- Kids will participate in a Rock Star photo shoot.
- The event will be filmed and Rock Camp DVDs will be made available for purchase.
- Kids will shine in the limelight at two big final shows – one outdoors and one indoors.
The enrollment fee for the two-week rock camp experience is $375. This registration fee includes a meal, snacks, and an Official Rock Camp T-shirt. The registration fee for the “Little Rocker’s” camp is $150.
Questions? Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org!