Who is ready for 2016 Rock Camp?
Rock Camp is for young musicians ages 11 to 20 with a moderate to advanced proficiency with their instruments or vocal skills and should be able to easily play through basic chord changes and memorize a half-dozen songs. Campers will become better musicians at Rock Camp, but the program is not for absolute beginners.
The Basics for 2016 …
- Rock Camp in Session July 18 – July 29
- Rock Camp in Session Time 1:00PM – 9:00PM
- Final Rock ConcertSaturday, July 30
- Camper Age Range 11 to 20 years old
- Camper Skill LevelModerate – Advanced
- Auditions for Rock CampVideo Audition (submitted online)
- Program Capacity 32 to 36 Campers
- Camper Registration Fee (single payment due by July 21)$600.00
- Financial Aid Potentially Available (please inquire)
Important Dates …
- Wednesday, July 17 Rozsa Load-In/Set Up
- Monday – Friday, July 18 – 22 Rock Camp Week 1
- Saturday, July 23 Music in the Streets!
- Monday – Friday, July 25 – 29 Rock Camp Week 2
- Saturday, July 30, 7:00PM Rock Camp Concert!
- Sunday, July 31 Rozsa Clean-Up & Load-Out (TIME TBA)
Final Rock Concert …
- Show DateSaturday, July 30
- Show Time 7:00PM (doors open at 6:30PM)
- Show Duration 3 Hours (with 20 minute intermission)
- Show Venue Rozsa Center (1,100 Capacity)
- Adult Tickets (13+)$12.00
- Child Tickets (12 & Under)$7.00
- Donation Tickets$20.00
- VIP Passes (25 Available)$50.00
- VIP Passes (for Sponsors) Complimentary
Rock Show VIP Package…
- VIP Reception & Benefits 5:30PM – 7:00PM
- VIP Reception & Benefits Starts 5:00PM
- VIP Lounge 5:00PM – 10:00PM
- Backstage Access
- Guided Tours
- VIP Bar & Snacks
Capacity & Mix
Rock Camp works best with 32 to 36 young musicians. We also need to have a balance of talents and instrumentation. For example, it would be very difficult to organize campers into bands if we had 32 guitar players and 1 drummer. The camp works best when we have good ratios of instrument types. For example, 6 lead vocals, 14 electric guitars, 6 acoustic guitars, 4 keyboards, 4 bass, players, 4 drummers, and 2 percussionists.
Rock Camp is accepting only video auditions for the 2016 Rock Camp. Please stay tuned for additional information on the video audition process.
Our goal is to make this program to all kids who successfully audition. We are working on scholarship programs and are always looking for scholarship or sponsorship opportunities, but there is no guarantee that financial assistance will be available.
If you know of or are an organization willing to provide scholarships to young musicians, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We need your help.