Click below to listen…
Kenny Stahl is a singer, songwriter and audio engineer with a developing love for music and performance that began early in his life. Playing many instruments has been a passion of Kenny’s and has progressed to a career. In high school Kenny began to perform at local venues including bars and coffee houses. After developing a small following, he has now had the opportunity to play with many bands and songwriters in a variety of venues.
As a songwriter, Kenny wrote his first songs and released his first CD “The Kenny Stahl EP” at the age of 15. He wrote, produced, and released “Waste Your Days” at 17 and did the same with the release of “Back to School” at 19. Kenny is currently studying Audio Engineering at Michigan Technological University.
Kenny plans to continue working in the music industry in a number of specialties including performances in China this year, recording/producing many local musicians, and helping out with PJ’s Rock Camp!
You can find samples of his music at www.myspace.com/kennystahl or search for Kenny on Facebook. Be a fan, become a friend!
PJ and Kenny his the studios of the mix 93.5 wkmj this AM to hang with Dirk of The Dirkside morning show. If you caught them LIVE on the air, left us a comment. If you missed it, Dirk was kind enough to shoot us a recording.
Click below to listen…
Thanks to Dirk and the mix 93.5 crew for having us on by for a visit!
There is absolutely no doubt that our local media outlets – the newspaper, radio, television – played a huge role in getting the word out about the 2009 Rock Camp. With our ultimate goal of putting on a huge and exciting show for the campers and the community at large, we are looking forward to working with the many individuals in the media business who help make last years rock camp an exciting experience for everyone involved.
We will once again be doing our best to capture and post all of the various news and stories to this blog starting now with our first press release. If you happen to hear about the rock camp in the news… please post a comment to this blog! We would love to know about it!
Its time to sign-up for the 2010 Rock Camp!
The Rock Camp will be holding sign-ups for placement on Sunday, May 23 and Saturday, May 29th from 10am to 5pm at its new studio located at the Superior School of Dance and Gymnastics in Hancock, MI.
The 2010 Rock Camp will be held from July 26th through August 6th , from 11am to 7pm daily. A special Little Rocker’s camp (ages 10 and under) will being August 2nd – 6th, 2pm – 5pm. Final shows will be held on August 6th and 7th.
(click on the picture for a full-size printable poster)
Here what kids and parents can expect from the 2010 Rock Camp:
- Ten days of total creative immersion.
- Kids will be jamming with other kids of similar interests and talent in a professional rock environment.
- We will provide drums, guitars, basses, keys, and microphones, but if you have an ax or rig you want to use… bring ’em!
- Kids will be guided through song structure, arrangements, key and time signatures.
- Kids will be grouped into bands of their liking and relative skill level and have rehearsal schedules – kids are expected to work very hard on their music.
- Rehearsals will have guidance by real musicians, not blow-up plastic dolls!
- There will be guitar, bass, drum, and vocal workshops.
- Kids will learn beginning music theory class taught by Dr. Milton Olsson (that’s PJ’s Dad)
- Kids will write one or more songs and learn a cover song to perform at a Rock Camp Music Festival on August 6th and again on August 7th.
- Kids will participate in a Rock Star photo shoot.
- The event will be filmed and Rock Camp DVDs will be made available for purchase.
- Kids will shine in the limelight at two big final shows – one outdoors and one indoors.
The enrollment fee for the two-week rock camp experience is $375. This registration fee includes a meal, snacks, and an Official Rock Camp T-shirt. The registration fee for the “Little Rocker’s” camp is $150.
Questions? Send us a note at email@example.com!
Looking for the 2009 Rock Camp video BLOG? Don’t sweat it, you’ve come to the right place. We are just making a little room for the 2010 Rock Camp.
We are changing things up a little for the 2010 Rock Camp. Details will be available soon (within the next week or so).
Keep an eye out at Good Times Music in Downtown Houghton or at the Superior School of Dance and Gymnastics in Hancock for Rock Camp 2010 sign-up information.
In the mean time, if you haven’t had enough of the 2009 videos, just browse to 2009.pjsrockcamp.com, all of the great stories, photos, and videos are still there.
More coming soon…
– Todd B.